Decal, DEC-TJ-Hood - Blackout TJ Hood Decal
- $14.99 (Fixed Shipping Cost)
Frequently bought together:
For the center of the TJ hood.
Designed to fit the 1997 - 2006 TJ
- Solution of one cap of dishsoap in a full spray bottle of water
- Credit Card with soft velcro stuck along one side
- Sharp Utility Knife
- 9mm socket wrench
- Remove rubber bumpers, footman loop 9mm wrench) and wiper nozzle. You may have to remove hood insulation to reach the nuts for the footman loop.
- Thoroughly clean the entire hood to be free of dirt and more importantly wax.
- Spray the hood LIBERALY with the solution of soap and water.
- Peel the backing fro the decal and spray the adhesive side of the decal as well.
- Lay the decal down, lining up the area near the hinges first.
- Smooth the center of the decal first and lightly smooth the outer edges after.
- Remove the center section of application tape.
- Remove the 2 outer sections of application tape. You may have to hold the decal itself down until you get the tape started.
- WIth some damp crumpled paper towels, begin to work the bubbles and wrinkles from the center toward the edges. You should see fluid pushing out from the edges as you do this. As needed, due to the fluid you can lift the edges of the decal to reposition.
- Continue to use the paper towels and the credit card to push the fluid and bubbles out.
- Use the knife to slit the vinyl where the bumpers, wiper nozzle and footman loop attatch.
- Any small bubbles that remain should disappear within a couple of weeks from the sun.